Wednesday, September 12, 2007

From an Auspicious Day to...


Woke up with a terrible pain in my left thigh. Actually it started in the wee hours of the morning while I was finishing up my first blog entry. It was painful walking that I just slept it off with the thought that come morning it will be gone. Actually, been having this pain for the past month or so that I would walk with a discernible limp, but it would get better eventually.

This time, because of the excruciating pain, walking or merely moving my leg was sheer agony. Off I went with hubby to the ER of Medical City. Waited and waited, first for a resident to check up on me, another eternity for x-ray. After being in the ER for 48 years, results are out. No fracture nor mass. Hallelujah! Honestly, I was already getting worried. Good thing it was just a "simple case" of musculo-skeletal strain (muscle spasm). Dunno if it was just being psychosomatic or what but after hearing the news, my leg got a wee bit better that I took advantage of this respite to do some grocery shopping on the way home. Talk about multi-tasking.

I was thinking that being in the ER for 5 hours was such a waste. But looking back, I was still able to book a flight for a colleague who's leaving for TW on Friday, confirmed 2 more international flights for my managers, even coordinated a bank deposit. I was in pain pa nyan ha. But more importantly, there was really nothing terribly wrong with my leg, however painful it was.

Capped the day off by watching the new TV series - Pushing Daisies which I got from a colleague. This will now be at the top of my list with my other watchables (GA, House, Heroes, PB, House, GW, et al) A MUST SEE!!! It's just the pilot episode but I'm definitely hooked. Even my 7yo boy was glued to the screen. I just learned that this will be shown in October yet. Anyone who's interested, just say the magic word ;)

But through all these, the saving grace of the day really was hearing the Erap verdict. I rest my case...

No comments: