Saturday, January 19, 2008

Desperate Times Call for Drastic Measures

Yep, I have accepted the fact that I don't look that pleasant anymore esp. in my pics -pleasantly plump pa siguro hehe. I had been working out at Pinnacle just right smack in front of our building when it just suddenly closed shop (huhuhu I still have a month's worth of membership). Fitness First is also there but ewan ko ba parang nawalan ako ng gana. I tried the 3-day diet (you know that one with ice cream and hotdog), fruit diet and until recently, Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T. (who looks eerily like Will Smith, landicious nga lang haha). Well, obviously, all to no avail.

Until one of my officemates suggested that we try boxing. There's a gym near the office, Power Punch, which only charges P150 per session (P500 membership for one year). Why not, after everything, what more is there to lose (except hopefully my weight). So off we went last Wed night to enrol. Actually culture shock on my part - no aircon and the people there look katakot to me. Good thing I have Deth with me.

Trainer Erwin is the one assigned to us. First, he helped us put on our handwraps, then off to stretching. Deth went to the speedball while I did some punching with the trainer. Wow, I never thought that 2 minutes of jabs & upper cuts could give me that kind of sweat! 5 rounds in all. Then, my turn at the speed ball. Ha! It's not as easy as it looks pala. I look so pathetic in this haha! Erwin says, in 2 months I'll be able to get the rhythm. Sana nga. Then the Punching Bag, ok rin, I was sweating it out as well. Ah, the jumping rope. Easy piecy! Or so I thought. Of course, way back in grade school, I didn't have the "twins" yet and I was so stick-thin then. So looking-engorks time na naman. Then, the abs workout. Next! Di ko kinaya, after 3 counts I was whining. And Pacquiao does thousand counts of this. Please, di ko naman pinangarap maging world champion ano. But the next session I was playing catch using the medicine ball with my trainer - mas kinaya ko yon.

And finally, the last part - ze Massage! Kahit at the start, kinda uneasy with all the lapirot my trainer is doing to my bod, but, ang saraaaapp! Galing galing. There is pain alright after, but it's the kind of pain I like. It means I'm on the right track. Erwin is so patient, and really explains everything to me. Ganun pala yon, the trainer would be the one to wipe your sweat, give you water and all that stuff. Feeling Laila Ali ang lola nyo. The staff and the other trainers are very nice and accommodating, too.

Boxing is really the ulitimate workout. It provides all-body cardio and strength training, It's a great way to condition the whole body because it builds muscle strength, endurance, balance, agility and coordination all at the same time. Of course, there's the promise of weight reduction of which is what I'm really targetting in maybe 2-3 months.

Hello Bora again in April, this time in my 2-piece! Nyaha!


Power Punch Gym
Unit H Ground Floor
Intrepid Plaza (near Omakase, Rufo's Tapa)
E Rodriguez Jr Ave. Bagong Bayan , QC

No comments: